Thursday, April 29, 2010

Watercolor portrait + updates on life

Here's a portrait I just did for Martha's watercolor class. I'm really lackadaisical in that class. Despite it being near the end of the semester I still can't wrap my head around watercolors. I'm clashing with Nathan Fowkes style (which I admire a lot and I'm not very good at it) and traditional watercolor. Either that or I'm treating the paint like oil or watercolor.

On to the personal stuff. Things are beginning to fall into place or so it seems. I'm wary and accustomed to things going wrong or an obstacle appears. I'm heading back to my parents to prepare for the journey to Korea (I haven't applied, but I'm on schedule). My classes are finally starting to dwindle down and I can focus on the important classes such as the studio classes. Kern river kayaking trip in a week so I'm looking forward to that. It's always fun to try and not die.

-Mr. Tea

1 comment: